Note: During construction, most SB I-35W ramps close for several weeks at a time. No two consecutive ramps will be closed at the same time. I-35W ramps to/from I-694 and at the northern Hwy 10 interchange will remain open. All traffic impacts are tentative and weather dependent.
Through late August
- Watch for periodic overnight closures of I-35W in both directions at Hwy 36 in Roseville for a nearby pavement treatment project. Check 511mn.org for updates on upcoming closures.
July 1 through November
- Rosegate beneath I-35W is closed
- Detour: Cleveland Ave., Co. Rd. B2 and Long Lake Rd. (PDF)
Spring/summer through November
- I-35W in both directions is reduced to three lanes between the northern Hwy 10 interchange and Mounds View Blvd.
- I-35W in both directions is reduced to two lanes between Co. Rd. C and Mounds View Blvd. (Co. Rd. 10)
- I-35W will have periodic lane closures in both directions between Hwy 36 in Roseville and Sunset Ave. in Lino Lakes. The closures may occur from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
5 a.m. Tue, Aug. 20 through late September
- The ramp from Co. Rd. I to SB I-35W is closed
June through November
- The ramp from Co. Rd. C to SB I-35W is closed
- The ramp from SB I-35W to Co. Rd. I is closed
Local road restrictions
April through November 2021
- The left-turn lane from SB Snelling Ave. (Hwy 51) to Hamline Ave. in Arden Hills is closed
Thu, Aug 19 through late September
- The Rice Creek Water Trail is closed under I-35W. Trail users should exit the waterway at Co. Rd. I.
Nearby Hwy 10 construction
- Lane closures and other traffic impacts may occur on Hwy 10 in Arden Hills due to a nearby project.
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be posted as details become available.