Project email update - Aug. 30, 2013
This is an example of what our project email updates look like. If you'd like to receive the latest construction updates for any of our projects, please sign up by clicking "sign up for project email updates" on the right side of the project homepage.
Hwy 10 and Ramsey County Road 96
- Access to reach Welsch's Big Ten Tavern and Scherer Brother's Lumber changed on Thursday, Aug. 29. Motorists are now detoured to a single lane in each direction on eastbound Hwy 10 between County Road H and Prior Avenue until November. This move allows crews to complete the westbound Hwy 10 roadway between County Road 96 and I-35W.
- The westbound Hwy 10 Diagonal is now closed between I-694 and I-35W, which includes the ramp from westbound Hwy 10 to northbound I-35W. Motorists can use the eastbound Hwy 10 detour route to County Road H to reach northbound I-35W.
- The ramp from northbound I-35W to westbound County Road 10 will remain open although it will be restricted to a single lane. The ramp from southbound I-35W to eastbound Hwy 10 will remain closed.
- Traffic will still be able to access southbound I-35W from westbound County Road 10 near the Mermaid Supper Club.
- Prior Avenue at the north entrance into Arden Manor from eastbound Hwy 10 is now open.
- Access for most residents on the west end of Lakeshore Place is from County Road 96. Access from the southern-most homes on the east end of Lakeshore Place will be maintained from Old Hwy 10 (County Road 76). Restrictions will remain in place through early September during construction of a retaining wall along Lakeshore Place.
- Old Hwy 10 remains closed at Lake Valentine Road. Only local traffic is allowed to travel north of Lake Valentine Road.
- Beginning Monday, Sept. 9 the ramp from westbound I-694 to Lexington Avenue will close for approximately one week. This closure will allow crews to work on overhead lights in the area. Motorists traveling along westbound I-694 should exit at Victoria Street and use County Road F or County Road E to access Lexington Avenue.
- The westbound I-694 traffic switch has been rescheduled for next week. Motorists will experience a lane shift to the north side of the interstate. The shift will allow crews to complete storm sewer and barrier construction in the median of the interstate.
I-694 North Central West project between I-35W and Hwy 100
- Traffic restrictions continue in both directions of I-694 between I-35W and Hwy 100 so crews can complete concrete pavement rehabilitation, bridge re-decking and drainage work. For more information about this project, including ramp and loop closures, detours, or to sign up for email updates, visit: www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/694west/.
Informational project presentations
If your company or organization would like to learn more about the project and how it will specifically affect the area near you, please contact us to set up an informational project presentation.
MnDOT Communications Specialist/Business Liaison
For more information
Project website: www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/694expand/
Project Hotline: 1-877-206-0060
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.