Yosemite and Dakota Avenues
The first construction focus area for Hwy 13 will be improving safety and freight access to the Ports of Savage at Dakota Ave. and Yosemite Ave.
2021: Complete environmental approvals for final design at Dakota Ave. and Yosemite Ave.; secure preliminary environmental approval of future improvements along the rest of the corridor
2022: Complete final design, advertise and begin construction of improvements at Dakota Ave. and Yosemite Ave.
Freight/truck driver issues
- 109 hours of delay per day for freight traffic in Savage
- Truck stacking distance is limited between the highway and railroad
- 42 railroad gate arms have been replaced at Dakota Ave.; 13 at Lynn Ave.
- Delays at intersections make left turns difficult
- Approximately 30 crashes on Hwy 13 from 2014-2018 involved heavy trucks
- Almost all truck crashes were near intersections, many at intersections with access to the ports or other truck-dependent businesses