About this project
Construction crews resurfaced Hwy 149/Smith Ave. and Hwy 149/Dodd Rd. between West 7th St. in St. Paul and I-494 in Mendota Heights, and Annapolis St. (Hwy 13) between Hwy 149/Smith Ave. and Cherokee Heights Blvd. in St. Paul, West St. Paul and Mendota Heights. Crews also reconstructed the driving surface (bridge deck) of the Hwy 149/Smith Ave. High Bridge over the Mississippi River. Additional proposed work included:
- Improved drainage, sidewalks and pedestrian accessibility
- Replaced signals at five intersections:
- Hwy 149/Smith Ave. and West 7th St.
- Hwy 149/Smith Ave. and George St.
- Hwy 149/Smith Ave. and Annapolis St.
- Hwy 149/Smith Ave. and Dodd Rd.
- Hwy 149/Dodd Rd. and the I-494 north ramp terminal
- Constructed an additional left turn lane from WB I-494 to SB Dodd Rd/Hwy 149
- Removed several trees within the project limits