If you would like a copy of the final report please let us know.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation completed a Roadway Safety Audit to analyze crash information with a focus on pedestrian crashes on Hwy 47 and Hwy 65 between the Hennepin-Anoka County line in Columbia Heights and Hwy 10 in Coon Rapids.
The final plan will promote pedestrian and bicycle safety through engineering, enforcement, emergency management and education recommendations. It will focus on reducing the number of fatalities along the project area.
- Determine safety and mobility needs for pedestrians and bicyclists on Hwy 47 and Hwy 65.
- Develop a final plan for reducing the number of fatalities along the project area.
- MnDOT will apply short, medium and long-term engineering solutions identified in the study as funding becomes available for both roadways.
- The study also identified enforcement efforts.
- MnDOT will work with local partners to study additional issues beyond safety when funding is identified.