Project largely complete
Although most project work is now completed on I-35E and Co Rd 96, including the opening of the MnPASS Lanes and Co Rd 96 bridge, some work remains.
Spring to fall 2017
Crews will continue to work, away from traffic, on the noise walls and on the overhead MnPASS signs and toll readers.
- Intermittent lane closures may be required on I-35E between Hwy 96 and Co Rd J
About this project
Summary of work
- Resurfaced existing pavement and ramps
- Replaced I-35E bridges over Goose Lake Rd
- Redecked Hwy 96 bridge over I-35E
- Widened bridges for MnPASS bridges and roads
- Updated drainage and other infrastructure
- Repaired and replaced existing guardrail
- Constructed a pedestrian trail on Hwy 96 from Centerville Rd to White Bear Lake Pkwy
- Added MnPASS lane on southbound I-35E between Hwy 96 and Co Rd E
- Added MnPASS lane on northbound I-35E south of Co Rd E and north of Co Rd J