Note: The I-35W Minnesota River Bridge will remain open to three lanes of traffic (one MnPASS lane) during peak travel times in both directions for the duration of the project.
If you live near the Minnesota River Bridge you may hear noise as crews continue work on both sides of the river. Crews will be working from 7 a.m. until 5 a.m., six days per week, Monday through Saturday. Note: 106th St. and Lyndale Ave. may see delays as a considerable amount of truck traffic will be entering and exiting the project area. Pay attention when traveling through the area and do not follow construction vehicles into the work zone.
Wed, Oct. 14 from 5 a.m. to noon
- SB I-35W is reduced to two lanes between 106th St. in Bloomington and Cliff Rd. in Burnsville
March 25 through fall 2021; 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily
- I-35W will have alternating lane closures in both directions between Cliff Rd. in Burnsville and 106th St. in Bloomington
- Note: After 10 p.m. I-35W may be reduced to a single lane
February through fall
- 106th St. is reduced to a single lane in both directions between Verdi Rd. and Lyndale Ave. S.
Oct. 18, 2018 through summer 2021
- SB I-35W reduced from four lanes to three between 106th St. and Cliff Rd.
Sun, Aug. 16 through mid-November
- The ramp from Black Dog Rd. to NB I-35W is closed
- Detour: SB I-35W, Hwy 13 and NB I-35W
Oct. 18, 2018 through mid-November
- The ramp from 106th St. to SB I-35W is closed. Follow detour using NB I-35W, 98th St., to access SB I-35W.
- Detour: NB I-35W, 98th St. and SB I-35W (PDF)
Through late October
- Black Dog Trail between Black Dog Rd. and Cliff Rd. is closed to pedestrians and bicyclists
Mon. through Fri.; 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
- Minnesota River Bottoms Trails west of the I-35W River Bridge in the construction area is closed (Saturdays will be make up-days in case of rain).
For more information about trail conditions, visit the Dakota County website.
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be posted as details become available.