MnDOT’s Name a Snowplow contest returns!
It’s back! Last winter, Minnesotans submitted thousands of creative names and voted on their favorites to officially name eight snowplows across the state. The Minnesota Department of Transportation is excited to announce that the agency’s Name a Snowplow contest is returning for a second year!
Here are the ground rules for this year’s contest:
- The submission form will be open through midnight on Dec. 15, 2021.
- You may submit up to three (3) snowplow name ideas when completing the submission form.
- Each submission is limited to no more than 30 characters, including letters and spaces.
- Previous winners will not be considered (There can be only one Plowy McPlowFace, folks).
- The eight winning names from last year’s inaugural Name a Snowplow contest can be found below.
- Politically inspired names (including phrases, slogans, or plays on politicians’ names) will not be considered. Naming our snowplows is meant to be fun and lighthearted, and we’re going to keep this contest non-political and nonpartisan.
- After the submission form closes, MnDOT staff will review all submissions and – at the agency’s discretion – select up to 50 finalists for the public voting round in January 2022. We will consider factors such as (but not limited to) frequency of name submissions, uniqueness, and simplicity for broad public understanding.