About the program
The Minnesota Highway Freight Program is a grant program designed to improve safety, mobility, and meet the needs of the state’s freight transportation system on a local level.
Minnesota cities, counties, ports, waterways, railroads and airports can apply for funding for highway transportation and intermodal projects that benefit freight movement throughout the state.
Funding is from the federal National Highway Freight Program to provide states the support to make freight movement improvements. Freight improvements that are funded will also help to meet the investment goals identified in the State Freight Plan.
Applications for funding are now being accepted for the second round of solicitation for state fiscal years 2023 - 2025.
How to apply
- Complete your application (Word)
- Submit your application to email@example.com by Sept. 28, 2020
Evaluation and scoring criteria
- June 29, 2020: Solicitation announcement distributed
- August 6 and August 20, 2020: Program informational session
- Sept. 28, 2020: Applications due to MnDOT
- Oct. 23, 2020: Projects selected and approved