About this project
The Hwy 36 St. Croix river crossing opened to traffic on Aug. 2, 2017.
- Final cleanup and landscaping
- Rehabilitation and conversion of Stillwater Lift bridge to bicycle/pedestrian traffic and to serve boat traffic. When completed in late spring 2020, the lift bridge will be part of the new 4.7 mile Loop Trail that also includes the new St. Croix River crossing.
- The Loop Trail in Wisconsin is now complete and ownership of the trail has transferred to St. Croix County. The county is now responsible for management of the Wisconsin portion of the trail.
- Growth Management and Riverway MOU mitigation items
- Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources’ boat access. The DNR is requesting approval and designing a new boat landing next to the St. Croix River Crossing bridge in Minnesota. For more information, contact Kent Skaar, Minn. DNR at 651-259-5646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction on related projects
Stillwater Lift Bridge
The Lift bridge, spanning the St. Croix River, has been converted to a bicycle/pedestrian crossing and became part of a 4.7-mile “loop trail” system connecting the new river bridge with the historic bridge. The Lift Bridge will continue to operate to allow boat navigation beneath.
Wisconsin Hwy 64, Houlton, Wis.
Wisconsin Hwy 64 Loop Trail in Wisconsin: Construction of Loop Trail in Wisconsin (part of St. Croix Crossing’s Loop Trail project) and landscaping. Included construction of two trailhead parking lots, a restroom and a picnic shelter with tables and benches.