Signal and Lighting Certification
- January 14-15, 2020, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Class is full.
- February 11-12, 2020, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- April 21-22, 2020, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Cancelled
$350.00 certification per person
This two-day course includes review of contract documents, Gopher State One Call procedures, staking traffic signals, installation of traffic signal and lighting components above and underground, final inspection of electrical systems, activating traffic signals and roadway lighting systems, as-built plans. This course is designed to educate participants on MnDOT standard procedures for traffic signal and lighting system inspection and construction. This class comes with 12 PDH (Professional Development Hours), 16 IMSA (International Municipal Signal Association) credits and 8 MnDLI Electrical/Elevator continuing education credits. See course announcement for more information (Word)
State, county, city, contractors, and consultants involved with the construction and inspection of MnDOT Traffic Signals and Lighting systems.
Signal and Lighting Recertification
- January 16, 2020, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Class is full.
- February 13, 2020, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- April 23, 2020, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Cancelled
- $250.00 recertification per person
This one-day course includes the latest changes in technology, signal and lighting hardware, specifications and procedures. See course announcement for more information (Word)
State, county, city, contractors and consultants whose signal and lighting certification is due for renewal.
Registration form (Word)
- Send one registration form for each applicant.
- Registration forms and payment must be received no later than two weeks prior to your preferred dates.
- Send completed registration forms with payment to:
Minnesota Department of Transportation
1500 West County Road B2, MS 725
Roseville, Minnesota 55113
- Obtain supervisor’s approval before registration.
- Register through your TDS no later than two weeks prior to your preferred date.
- Journal Voucher: Agency T79, Fund 2000, Fin Dept ID T7938401, Project Number T07001SL,
Source Code 0600, Approp T790234, Rev Source 513304
- TDS's must enter JV/Transaction number when enrolling employee in Pathlore.
- Confirmation will be sent to paid registrants. Class size is limited, so early registration is recommended.
- YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED UNTIL CONFIRMATION IS RECEIVED