Weekend traffic impacts: Oct. 13-15
Last updated Friday, October 13, 2017
Check back often for the latest news on weekend closures. For up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions, visit 511mn.org or download our 511 app.
New this weekend
Hwy 3 in Castle Rock
- Hwy 3 is now open at the intersection of Co Rd 86 and project work is complete
- Visit the Hwy 3 Castle Rock project page for more details
I-35E between I-694 in Vadnais Heights and I-35 in Columbus
- Beginning 10 p.m. Fri, Oct, 13 to 5 a.m. Mon, Oct. 16, NB I-35E between I-35 and I-694 will be closed. Note: This work is unrelated to any current projects in the area
- Detour: WB I-694 to NB I-35W
- Visit 511mn.org for more details
I-94 St. Paul to Maplewood
- Through Fri, Oct. 20, there will be off-peak daily lane closures in both directions of I-94
- From 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly through Fri, Oct. 20, both directions of I-94 between Mounds Blvd. and Hwy 120/Century Ave. are reduced to a single lane
- The Maple St. Pedestrian Bridge is now open!
- Visit the I-94 St. Paul to Maplewood project page for more details
Hwy 169 Edina to Golden Valley
- From 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily through Sat, Oct. 14, the left lane in both directions of Hwy 169 from south of Bren Rd to the start of the Nine Mile Bridge causeway will be closed
- Visit the Hwy 169 Edina to Golden Valley project page for more details
35W@94 in Minneapolis
- From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on weekdays through late October, both directions of I-35W around Franklin Ave. will have lane closures. Also, the access road from NB I-35W to 5th Ave. S/E. Grant St. into downtown Minneapolis will have lane closures.
- From 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily on weekdays through late October, the access road from S. 12th St/4th Ave. out of downtown Minneapolis to SB I-35W will have lane closures
- Visit the 35W@94: Downtown to Crosstown project page for more details
I-94 Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center
- From 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mon, Oct. 16, WB I-94 will be reduced to two lanes from Dowling Ave. to 49th Ave.
- From Noon to 5 p.m. Mon, Oct 16, EB I-94 will be reduced to two lanes from Dowling Ave. to 49th Ave. and the ramp from 49th Ave. to EB I-94 will be closed
- Visit the I-94 Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center project page for more details
Existing and ongoing
Hwy 7 Shorewood to Minnetonka
- Pedestrian and signal ramp work will be done at intersections along Hwy 7 between Vine Hill Rd. and Hwy 101 with periodic off-peak lane closures through Oct. 13
- Visit the Hwy 7 Minnetonka project page for more details
Hwy 13 in Burnsville, Savage
- Hwy 13 between Hwy 169 and Washburn Ave. will have off peak weekday and weekend lane closures through early November
- Visit the Hwy 13 Burnsville, Savage project page for more details
I-35 North Metro Split from Lino Lakes to Forest Lake
- Periodic lane closures in both directions of I-35 between Hwy 97 and Hwy 8 will occur during off-peak hours for site preparation through late October
- Visit the I-35 North Metro Split project page for more details
I-35W and Co Rd I in Arden Hills, Shoreview
- Co Rd I is closed at I-35W and at Rice Creek Pkwy through December.
- Note: The ramps between SB I-35W and Co Rd I remain open. The ramp from NB I-35W to Co Rd I is closed until December.
- The ramp from NB I-35W to Co Rd H and new Old Hwy 8 frontage road is open. Motorists can access CO Rd I from both.
- Map of current traffic impacts (PDF)
- Visit the Ramsey County Project Website fore more details
86th St. bridge over I-35W in Bloomington
- The 86th St. Bridge in Bloomington over I-35W is closed through October
- Detour: Penn Ave. and Lyndale Ave. and 82nd and 90th Streets
- The 82nd St. Bridge is reduced to a single lane in each direction until further notice
- Visit the I-35W and 86th St. bridge project page for more details
Hwy 36 Stillwater Lift Bridge
- The Hwy 36 Stillwater lift bridge over the St. Croix River between Stillwater, MN and Houlton, WI is closed to ALL traffic. It will reopen for pedestrian and bicycle traffic in June of 2019.
- Traffic has been transferred to the new St. Croix Crossing bridge to the south in Oak Park Heights
- Visit the Hwy 36 project page for more details
Hwy 52 in Coates
- Access to SB Hwy 52 from the Co Rd. 66 “J” turn is closed through Nov. 3
- Detour: NB Hwy 52, Co Rd. 46 to SB Hwy 52
- Hwy 52 will have lane closures in both directions south of Coates between 170th St. and Co Rd 86/280th St. through Nov. 3
- Visit the Hwy 52 Coates project page for more details
Hwy 95 Woodbury to Afton
- SB Hwy 95 is open! Although major project work is complete, some work remains. There will be off-peak lane closures through mid-October.
- Visit the Hwy 95 Safety Improvements project page for more details
Hwy 97 in Forest Lake
- Hwy 97 will be reduced to a single lane between Goodview Ave. N and Harrow Ave. through mid-October
- Visit the Hwy 97 Forest Lake project page for more details
Hwy 110 in Mendota Heights
- Both directions of Hwy 110 are open! There will continue to be alternating lane closures in both directions of Hwy 110 between I-35E and I-494 as crews complete work through late October
- Charlton St. is closed at Hwy 110 through mid-October
- There are permanent access changes for some intersections along Hwy 110:
- Visit the Hwy 110 project page for more details
Smith Ave/Hwy 149 High Bridge in St. Paul
- The Smith Ave/Hwy 149 High Bridge is closed through December 2018
- Primary Detour: Annapolis St. to Robert St to Kellogg Blvd to West 7th St. to Smith Ave/Hwy 149 (PDF)
- Alternate Detour: NB Grand Ave/Ramsey St, SB I-35E, EB Hwy 110 to Dodd Rd/Hwy 149
- Cliff St. at Smith Ave. (no access to Smith Ave. from Cliff St.) and Cherokee Ave. at Smith Ave. (no access to or across Smith Ave. from Cherokee Ave.) are closed
- Sidewalks approaching/on Smith Ave. High Bridge and a section of the Samuel Morgan Trail adjacent to the Mississippi River between Randolph Ave. and Washington St. are closed
- Visit the High Bridge project page for more details
I-694 Little Canada to Arden Hills
- EB I-694 traffic has been switched onto the two new left lanes. EB I-694 will remain two lanes between Snelling Ave. and I-35E until November, but the lanes are no longer separated by concrete median barrier.
- Westbound I-694 traffic has moved onto two (of the future three) lanes between Rice St. and Lexington Ave.
- Visit the I-694 project page for more details