Hwy 18 culvert repairs wrapping up and Hwy 23 repairs to start
DULUTH, Minn. – MnDOT District 1 will be continuing with districtwide culvert repairs through July. A detour on Hwy 18 near Finlayson will finish end of day Tuesday, June 2 when the work is complete. Work will be starting on Hwy 23 on culverts near Brook Park this week. Lane closures and bypasses will be controlled by flagging and signal system. Lane restrictions are 11 foot width and legal length.
Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For more information on projects in northeast Minnesota, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/groups/MnDOTnortheast and Twitter at @mndotnortheast. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.