About this project
Summary of work
- Grade and resurface highway
- Pedestrian ramps and accessibility improvements
- Curb and gutter
- Replace city sanitary services along Division Street
- Replace city watermain and services along Division Street
- Update city fire hydrants
- Replace culvert north of Deer River
This project is an urban reconstruction project on Highway 6 and Highway 2 in Deer River. The work includes:
- Resurface Highway 6 in Deer River from Highway 2 to County Road 128
- Resurface Highway 2 from 2nd Ave. NW to 1st St. SE
- Pedestrian accessibility improvements
- Replace sidewalks, curb and gutter and storm sewer.
- City sanitary service as well as watermain and service replacement from Highway 2 to County Road 128.
- Update city fire hydrants and street lighting.
- Crews will also replace the culvert north of County Road 19, located 4 miles north of Deer River.
Virtual open house
A project kickoff meeting was held virtually on Thursday, May 7. Representatives from MnDOT, Casper Construction and the City of Deer River will be on hand to discuss project details, project timeline and answer user-submitted questions.
- Thursday, May 7, 5 p.m.- Register for the virtual open house
Contact us if you experience any trouble registering for the event.