About this project
Motorists can expect overnight traffic delays beginning Sept. 8 on Interstate 35 for 14 miles of striping work on from the Scott County Road 2 exit, (Exit No. 76 ) Elko New Market to Rice County Road 8 north of Faribault.
The work will take place each night from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. in both directions as crews stripe the edge lines and center lines of I-35. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction to provide a work zone for the crews.
The work is expected to be completed in mid-October.
Because of traffic volumes on I-35, traffic delays are likely. Motorists should adjust travel time plans or seek alternate routes during the overnight hours of the work.
Summary of work
- Restriping northbound and southbound lanes: centerline and shoulders
- Project work zones are:
- I-35 Minnesota-Iowa border to north of Interstate 90 at Albert Lea (13 miles)
- Work scheduled to begin June 2 and will last at least two weeks, but schedule is dependent on weather conditions
- I-35 Scott County Road 2 exit, (Exit No. 76 ) Elko New Market to Rice County Road 8 north of Faribault (14 miles)
- Work scheduled to begin Sept. 8 and will take approximately three to four weeks, but schedule is dependent on weather conditions
- Traffic delays anticipated during morning and afternoon commuting time, as well as weekends
- Adjust travel times or use alternate routes to avoid potential delays