About this project
Summary of work
- Resurface Hwy 271 from the junction of Hwy 19 to the Minnesota / South Dakota border, excluding the town of Hendricks.
- Work on Hwy 271 south of Hendricks is being done using a detour (follow the blue route on the map above).
- Detour effective Sept. 13 - Oct. 2.
- Thru traffic will use the detour route of Hwy 19, Hwy 75 and CR 17.
- Work on Hwy 271 north of Hendricks will be done under traffic using temporary lane closures, a flagging operation and pilot car through the work zone.
- Motorists can expect minor delays.
Friday, September 24, 2021
- Work continued this week on the roadway south of Hendricks.
- Stabilized full depth reclamation work continued and should finish up Sat., Sept. 25, weather permitting; this is a process where the old asphalt/base material is pulverized, stabilized, compacted and recycled into a new durable base material.
- Micro-milling (removal of the old pavement surface) is tentatively scheduled to begin Wed., Sept. 29 on the roadway north of Hendricks - this will be done under traffic with flaggers and a pilot car.
- The first lift of asphalt paving is tentatively scheduled to begin Thu., Sept. 30, for the portion of roadway south of Hendricks.