Current traffic impacts
- The bridge is open to two-way traffic.
- There may be occasional lane closures when crews are working next to the roadway.
July 23, 2021
- Work to restore historic riprap is ongoing.
- Crews continue to adjust and grout the riprap.
- Crews are removing the temporary sheet pile.
- Remaining work: grouting, grading on the east side of the bridge, grass seeding and erosion control, and removal of the sheet pile.
Summary of work
- Replace bridge on Hwy 40 (known as Milan Bridge) over Lac qui Parle Lake
- Update pedestrian access to meet current ADA standards
- Incorporate historical elements into the new bridge through the use of iron railing on both sides
- Maintain fishing access and recreational area
- Hand place stonework to closely match the original construction done by the WPA in 1939
- Robert R. Schroeder Construction Co., Glenwood MN