This project is complete.
Summary of work
- Resurface Hwy 75 with cold-in-place recycling plus 3" of new pavement
- Cold-in-place recycling is a method of removing and reusing the existing asphalt surface
- Upgrade sidewalks and crosswalks in Bellingham to make them more accessible for everyone
- Repair and/or replace culverts along the project area
- Replace guardrail along the project area
- Extend paved shoulders from 2 feet to 6 feet
- Apply a chip seal on Hwy 75
- Chip seals, also referred to as seal coats, protect the pavement, increase skid resistance and extend the life of the road.
- Although it seems natural to avoid a road that has been recently coated or fixed, the chip sealing is unique in that it does not keep drivers off the road.
- You can drive on a freshly chip sealed road after it has been swept.
- A road that has been chip sealed will not be as quiet as new pavement. After a winter of plowing, the vehicle noise will diminish and you will notice that the road will not sound as loud.