About this project
Safety and accessibility improvements are needed on Hwy 5 and Hwy 61 in St. Paul. We are planning a project on East 7th St. up Arcade St. from I-94 to Roselawn Ave. in 2024. The project will include repaving, sidewalk repairs, and accessibility for all.
Summary of work
- Road resurfacing
- Sidewalk repairs and driveway updates
- Updating sidewalk curb ramps
- Pedestrian safety improvements
- Replacing traffic signals and adding pedestrian lighting
- Bus stop improvements
In preparation for the work on East 7th St. and Arcade St., we are seeking the community’s feedback about their experiences in the project area, including:
- Pedestrian, bicyclist and transit user experience and comfort
- Vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian safety
- Access to homes, schools, businesses and other amenities
- ADA accessibility improvements
Opportunities to get involved
We know these roads are important to many people who live, work and travel through St. Paul and Maplewood each day. To prepare for potential improvements and understand the community’s needs for these projects, MnDOT had several discussions with community members this spring. If you missed our virtual meetings, visit the meetings webpage to view a recording of our presentation.
We are preparing a report that summarizes what we heard from you in our virtual meetings, online survey and interactive comment map. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and stay tuned for next steps!