No travel advisory lifted on state highways in 6 southwest MN counties
WILLMAR, Minn. — (9:15 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted the no travel advisory on state highways in the following southwest Minnesota counties.
- Redwood (south of Vesta and west of US 71)
- Southwestern Yellow Medicine
MnDOT snowplow operators have worked hard to improve road conditions; however, travelers should use caution and watch for slippery spots, especially in open areas. Strong winds and blowing snow may create intermittent whiteout conditions. Remember to:
- Stay alert for snowplows, which turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They also may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow. Don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Manually turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Check MnDOT’s road conditions map at 511mn.org.