No travel advised lifted for Kandiyohi, Meeker and eastern Chippewa counties
WILLMAR, Minn. — (7:45 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted the no travel advisory on state highways in Kandiyohi, Meeker and eastern Chippewa counties.
Crews continue to clear roads and drivers are asked to use caution as roads are snow-covered throughout the area. Remember to:
- Stay alert for snowplows, which turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They also may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow. Don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Manually turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Check MnDOT’s road conditions map at 511mn.org
Please note that not all plows have cameras. Road conditions on major highways can also be viewed through the Road Weather Information System (RWIS), which is also part of 511.