Hwy 14 slope maintenance work in Balaton begins March 29
WILLMAR, Minn. — Slope maintenance work begins Monday, March 29, on Hwy 14 in Balaton with the removal of trees. As weather conditions become favorable, work will continue with the placement of riprap and erosion control measures to repair and stabilize the slope which is experiencing erosion.
The project is located at the Hwy 14 bridge at the south end of Lake Yankton and is scheduled to be completed within three weeks, weather permitting. Towne and Country Excavating has been contracted for the repairs.
The work will take place off the roadway; however, a temporary lane closure and flagging operation are possible to accommodate heavy equipment.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate with care and caution
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times