Work begins April 19 on Hwy 210 east of Cross Avenue in Crosby
Highway 210 Crosby-Ironton roadwork project
BAXTER, Minn. – Those who travel on Highway 210 in Crosby and Ironton will encounter roadwork and delays as a $6.5 million improvement project gets underway Monday, April 19.
Crews will start in east Crosby and reconstruct Highway 210/Main Street NE (Highway 6) under traffic from Cross Avenue to east of Third Avenue E, at the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center. Here’s what to expect through May:
- Highway 210 will remain open however, lanes will narrow and shift within the work zone to reconstruct sections. Motorists should expect lane, shoulder or parking closures and periodic stops while flaggers direct traffic. Slow down and pay attention to the road.
- Emergency access will be always open to the Cuyuna Regional Hospital from Third Avenue East.
- Pedestrians to encounter sidewalk closures with signed detours. For your safety stay out of closed areas.
- Access to businesses and residences will be open and always maintained, however expect changes and use of alternate accesses.
- The Highway 210 truck detour to be up for the full duration of this project and uses Crow Wing County
Road 12 (Deerwood shortcut) between Brainerd/Riverton and Deerwood.
The Highway 210 project will reconstruct the road, sidewalks, and side street connections between Second Street SW and east of Third Avenue NE in Crosby; resurface the road, update sidewalks and make any other necessary repairs from Second Street SW in Crosby to west of Sixth Avenue SW in Ironton.
For more information or to sign up for project email updates, visit the Highway 210 Crosby-Ironton project at www.mndot.gov/d3/crosby-ironton, or contact MnDOT Construction Project Manager Kirk Allen, at 218-828-5739 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #