Hwy 19 drainage repair project near Morton begins May 3
WILLMAR, Minn. – Drainage repair work begins Monday, May 3, on Highway 19 one mile southeast of Morton. The project includes ditch cleaning, pipe installation and the creation of a pond.
The work will take place off the roadway; however, drivers can expect shoulder closures during construction, as well as temporary lane closures with a flagging operation as needed to accommodate heavy equipment. Travelers should allow extra time and use caution driving through the work zone.
The project will cost $570,000 and is expected to be complete by May 28. Mathiowetz Construction is the contractor. Please note that start and end dates could change due to weather conditions or unforeseeable circumstances, and all traffic impacts may not be known at this time.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
For weekly project updates throughout construction, visit mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy19drainagerepair