Hwy 60 lane closure begins May 17 for bridge painting in Wabasha
WABASHA, Minn. — The Hwy 60 bridge will remain open with only one lane during the project. Traffic signals will be used to direct motorists through the project in a single lane. Occasionally, the roads under the bridge will be closed and detoured to neighboring roads when work is occurring overhead.
PCiRoads is the prime contractor on the $3.79 million project. All work is scheduled to be completed by early September, weather permitting.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Find up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions at 511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones