Hwy 135 Biwabik construction to resume May 10
DULUTH, Minn. — Construction is expected to resume on Hwy 135 in Biwabik on May 10. Initial work will take place at 6th Avenue and Hwy 135 with no significant traffic impacts.
Starting on May 17, major construction will begin and Hwy 135 Main Street will close to traffic. A local detour on 1st Street North and a truck detour on Cty Rd 20 and Cty Rd 4 will be activated. Detour maps can be found on the project website.
For more information and to sign up for weekly email updates, please visit the project website: mndot.gov/d1/projects/hwy135biwabik.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.