Utility relocation work begins ahead of Highway 68 project
WILLMAR, Minn. —Work to relocate utilities, ahead of 2022 construction, in MnDOT’s Right of Way (ROW) will begin this spring and continue through the summer and fall. MnDOT employees are currently placing stakes to mark the ROW for utility relocation work. State property should be kept free and clear unless otherwise permitted to do so.
Construction on the Highway 68 Minneota to Marshall project is planned to begin in the spring of 2022. Improvements will be made to approximately eleven miles of Highway 68 from North Grant Street in Minneota to the Redwood River in Marshall. Drainage improvements near Porter are also included in the project.
For more information on the project, please visit the project webpage at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy68minneotatomarshall or contact the Project Manager Chris Nienaber at 320-905-3056 or via email at email@example.com.
Watch for orange cones
Travelers may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, heavy equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate with care and caution
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel and while walking or biking
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times