Hwy 37 Gilbert construction to resume May 10
DULUTH, Minn. — Construction is expected to resume on Hwy 37 in Gilbert on May 10 with work between Hwy 53 and Alaska Avenue. Motorists should expect temporary lane and shoulder closures and possible flagging operations.
Starting on May 17, work will begin between Hwy 135 and Michigan Avenue. Traffic will become single lane in each direction and move to the west bound lanes between Hwy 135 and Wisconsin Avenue.
For more information and to sign up for weekly email updates, please visit the project website: mndot.gov/d1/projects/hwy37-gilbert.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.