Culvert replacement at Hwy 59 and Lyon CR 33 on May 11
WILLMAR, Minn. — MnDOT is replacing a culvert at the intersection of U.S. Highway 59 and Lyon County Road 33 on Tuesday, May 11. The intersection will be closed, and a short detour required. Traffic will be routed on Michigan Road, Hahlbur Road, and County Road 33.
The culvert replacement is expected to take one day; however, work could extend into Wednesday. Crews will also be doing ditch cleaning along Hwy 59 beginning Monday, May 11.
Watch for orange cones
Travelers may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, heavy equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near work zones. MnDOT asks drivers to:
- Slow down when approaching orange barriers or cones
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and plan for delays, especially during peak travel times