Hwy 65 ramp to Interstate 35 southbound closed, detoured May 13-14 for hazardous spill cleanup in Albert Lea
ALBERT LEA, Minn. – Hwy 65 ramp to I-35 southbound will be closed and detoured starting at 8 a.m. on Thursday, May 13 for up to two days as crews clean up a hazardous spill adjacent to the highway on-ramp, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Motorists traveling on Hwy 65 will follow signs for a detour using I-35 northbound to the Freeborn County Road 46 interchange and then will be routed to I-35 southbound. If work is completed sooner than two days, the road will open when the work is completed.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones