Hwy 61 improvement work near Two Harbors begins
DULUTH, Minn. – Construction has begun on Hwy 61 between Knife River and Two Harbors. This project will resurface 7.3 miles of pavement and provide drainage improvements. MnDOT contractors will also be installing a reduced conflict intersection at Hwy 61 and County Road 9 in Lake County. Motorists can expect lane closures and bypasses. It is expected to be completed by the end of August.
For more information and for up to date information, please visit the project website: https://www.dot.state.mn.us/d1/projects/hwy61-twoharbors/index.html
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.