Public information meeting set June 24 for Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project; construction scheduled to start July 5
ZUMBROTA, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public to attend a public meeting Thursday, June 24, 2021, to hear updates and learn about the start of construction next month on the Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project.
Time: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Date: Thursday, June 24
Place: Zumbrota VFW Club, 25 E 1st St, Zumbrota, MN 55992.
Information: The meeting will be open house style, so people may arrive at any time and review the information, discuss issues with the MnDOT project team and then depart when it suits their schedule.
Those who are unable to attend will be able to find information about the project posted on MnDOT’s website at the time of the meeting and be able to follow up with MnDOT staff if they have any questions.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.email@example.com or call 651-366-4720.
MnDOT’s three-year construction project along Hwy 52 between Zumbrota and Cannon Falls is set to begin July 5.
The project will address safety risks along and across Hwy 52, which includes cross streets and driveways. Construction will affect the flow of traffic between April and November each year. Traffic will be maintained on Hwy 52. However, drivers can expect reduced lanes and lane shifts. Drivers looking to cross Hwy 52 may need to follow a detour. Detours and open crossings will change as construction moves. Signs will guide drivers around closures and detour information can be found on our website in advance of the changes. Off-road work may occur during the winter months.
- Replace the Hwy 60 West overpass bridge at Zumbrota
- Replace the Hwy 52 northbound bridge at the Hwy 60 East interchange south of Zumbrota
- Construct access control measures along highway
- Rebuild Hwy 52 southbound from (4,000 feet north) Goodhue County Road 9 to Goodhue County Road 50
- Build a new interchange at the intersection of Hwy 57/Goodhue County Road 8 and Hwy 52
- Replace the southbound bridge over Hwy 52 for Hwy 60 East
- Build Goodhue County Road 14 connection, frontage roads, and cul de sacs
- Replace the Hwy 52 southbound bridge over the Zumbro River
- Repair the Hwy 52 northbound bridge over the Zumbro River
- Reconstruct Hwy 52 southbound from Goodhue County Road 24 in Cannon Falls to (4,000 feet) north of County Road 9
- Reconstruct Hwy 52 southbound from County Road 50 to 1.3 miles north of Goodhue County Road 7
- Construct frontage roads and cul de sacs
- Construct noisewall along northbound Hwy 52 south of Hwy 58 interchange at Zumbrota