Northbound Hwy 63 closed, detoured south of Hwy 63 and Hwy 16 intersection for water service work June 22 – July 2 in Spring Valley
SPRING VALLEY, Minn. — Northbound Hwy 63 traffic will be detoured south of Hwy 63 and Hwy 16 intersection June 22 to July 2 in Spring Valley while a contractor installs new water service at a business, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
New water service installation is occurring at Kwik Trip, south of the Hwy 63 and Hwy 16 intersection.
Motorists can still access businesses near the work zone. Northbound Hwy 63 traffic should follow the following detour:
- Motorists traveling in Spring Valley on northbound Hwy 63 will turn east on Main Street then go west on Hwy 16, which turns into Hwy 63.
Southbound traffic will be able to continue southbound on Hwy 63, but the northbound lane will be blocked. The excavation work will be taking place south of the Hwy 63/Hwy 16 intersection and north of East Jefferson Street.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones