Hwy 61 northbound lane closure south of Kellogg through July 1 for culvert replacement
KELLOGG, Minn. — Northbound Hwy 61 traffic is reduced to one lane from June 22 to July 1, approximately one mile south of Kellogg, for a culvert replacement, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Between Wabasha County Road 84 and Kennedy Road, the northbound lane closure starts in the left lane. Once the work in the left lane is finished, it will be opened and the right lane will be closed for work to begin there. The right lane will be opened once work is complete.
The culvert is being replaced due to it not working properly. During a recent rainfall, the road surface was washed away and it collapsed.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones