Districtwide pavement sealcoating to begin July 12
DULUTH, Minn. – MnDOT contractors will begin sealcoating pavement at various locations across District 1 on July 12. Work zones will require single lane traffic with flaggers and pilot cars. Striping in all project areas will occur in August. Below are the expected dates and areas that work will occur.
- Hwy 169 from Hwy 53 to Pike River Bridge: July 14 - 16
- Hwy 65 from 0.03 North of Hawkins Ave in Nashwauk to Hwy 1: July 15 - 21
- Hwy 65 from McGregor to 12 miles north: July 12 - 13
- Hwy 169 from Hill City to Itasca Cty Rd 67: July 21 - 23
- Hwy 210 from McGregor to the Aitkin/Carlton County Line: July 13 - 15
- Hwy 200 from Hill City to Hwy 2: Work will occur in 2022
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.