Hwy 61 intersection closure south of Two Harbors to start July 19
DULUTH, Minn. – MnDOT contractors working on Hwy 61 south of Two Harbors will be closing the east side of the intersection of Hwy 61 and County Road 9 for reconstruction on July 19. The closure is expected to last 14 calendar days.
Milling and paving operations between Knife River and Two Harbors will also begin on July 19. Motorists should expect lane closures and 55mph speed limits in the work zone.
For more information about this project, please visit Hwy 61 resurfacing, intersection project.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.