I-35 lane closure on bridge south of Barnum
Duluth, Minn. – Beginning later this afternoon, motorists will encounter a lane closure on northbound Interstate 35 bridge crossing Moose Horn River, south of Barnum. The lane will be closed one to two weeks while maintenance crews repair issues found during maintenance painting performed earlier in the week.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.