Lane closures on Hwy 71 between Wadena and Sebeka begin July 19
BAXTER, Minn.— Motorists can expect periodic lane closures and delays as crews resurface Highway 71 from Elm Avenue in Wadena to the Redeye River in Sebeka in Wadena County.
Motorists will encounter periodic lane closures, lane shifts, flaggers and use of a pilot car. Work will occur sunrise to sunset on good weather days until late July.
MnDOT advises travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
When complete, the project will result in a smoother road surface and reduce overall maintenance costs.
# # #