Hwy 12 reduced to one lane in Willmar through Thursday
WILLMAR, Minn. – Hwy 12 has been reduced to one lane in Willmar from Sixth Street Southeast to Lakeland Drive to allow crews room to repair catch basins along the roadway. A flagging operation will direct traffic through the work zone and travelers are encouraged to allow extra travel time. Repairs are expected to be complete Thursday.
The drainage repair work taking place is in preparation for the Hwy 12 resurfacing project in Willmar that begins the first week of August.
Work zone travel
MnDOT advises travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times