Hwy 60 Eagle Lake to Elysian construction complete; detour removed today
Second phase of construction changes detour
MANKATO, Minn. – Construction on Highway 60 between Eagle Lake and Elysian (Phase 1) is complete and the detour was removed today, August 4.
The second phase of construction on Highway 60 between the City of Elysian to the junction with Highway 13 in Waterville is underway and traffic is detoured to Highway 13 in Waterville, Le Sueur County Road 12 (Tetonka Lake Road), Le Sueur County Road 11 and Highway 60.
Construction of Highway 60 between the City of Elysian and Waterville is expected to be complete in October.
MnDOT officials have been working closely with the cities of Madison Lake, Elysian and Waterville over the past few years to prepare for the project that includes:
- Pavement improvements throughout the 17-mile corridor
- Reclaim pavement and resurface
- Reconstruction through Madison Lake
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Update pedestrian ramps to meet ADA requirements
- Remove and replace sections of poor sidewalk and curb & gutter
- Turn lanes and access modifications
- County road lighting
- Upgrade infrastructure in Madison Lake
The improvements will provide a smoother roadway and increase safety.
Ulland Brothers, Inc. was awarded the projects with a bid of $20,167,682.08.