Hwy 123 construction in Sandstone begins August 16
DULUTH, Minn. – Construction on Hwy 123 in Sandstone will begin on August 16. This two-year project will consist of resurfacing, realigning the Hwy 123 and Hwy 23 intersection, extending sidewalks, and making ADA improvements. Work will continue through the fall and then resume in spring 2022.
Work will begin with rebuilding the intersection of Hwys 123 and 23, resurfacing Hwy 123 from Hwy 23 to 1st St and milling and reclamation east of Park Ave on Hwy 123.
Motorists should expect lane closures, flagging operations, and delays in work zones.
For project maps and more information visit the website: https://www.dot.state.mn.us/d1/projects/hwy123-sandstone/index.html
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.