Detour lifted today on Highway 9 bridge repair project near Ada
Bemidji, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced today the detour will be removed by the end of today on the Highway 9 bridge repair project near Ada. The project includes a total of four bridges in northwest Minnesota.
- Hwy 9 bridge over Marsh River south of Ada
- Hwy 11 bridge over Silver Creek east of Baudette
- Hwy 32 bridge south of Greenbush
- Hwy 89 bridge over Roseau River northwest of Roseau
Motorists can expect lane closures for the remaining three bridge repairs. There is a 36-ton bridge limit on Norman county road 35.
The contractor for this $1.9 million dollar project is PCI Roads. This project will create a safer, longer lasting bridge and road surface. It is estimated to be complete by October, weather permitting. Visit the project website for more information.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.