Northbound Hwy 42 detoured Sept. 7-9 south of roundabout for median repair in Eyota
EYOTA, Minn. — Northbound Hwy 42 traffic in Eyota will be detoured just south of the Hwy 14-42 roundabout from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 7-9, while crews repair a portion of the concrete median that buckled, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation. Southbound traffic will remain open through the work zone.
- Northbound motorists will be directed right onto Sandstone Drive. near the Kwik Trip, then left on Granite Ave. to Hwy 14, where they will turn left to either continue through the roundabout on westbound Hwy 14 or northbound on Hwy 42. Motorists wanting to go east on Hwy 14 will turn right.
- Northbound traffic will re-open each day after 4:30 p.m. and the detour will resume the following day at 7:30 a.m. through Sept. 9.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones