Hwy 63 northbound off-ramp closed, detoured at Hwy 30 west Sept. 13-23
ROCHESTER, Minn. – The off-ramp from Hwy 63 northbound to Hwy 30 west at the Rochester International Airport is scheduled to be closed and detoured starting Sept. 13 for concrete replacement work, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The work is expected to be finished by Sept. 23, weather permitting. Crews are replacing a panel of concrete that has cracked and settled on the ramp. All other ramps at the interchange will remain open.
Northbound Hwy 63 motorists will follow signs for a detour using the following roads:
- Continue north on Hwy 63 and exit at 48th Street SW and turn left
- Return to Hwy 63 southbound
- Exit to Hwy 30 west
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving)
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones