Hwy 2 project from Fisher to East Grand Forks near completion
Motorists can access both eastbound and westbound lanes
BEMIDJI, Minn. – MnDOT announced today motorists on Highway 2 between Fisher and East Grand Forks can now access both eastbound and westbound lanes. Eastbound traffic will experience lane closure during the construction of turn lanes as well as the J-turn at the intersection of Highway 2/2B. The project is expected to be complete by mid-November, weather permitting.
The contractor for this $9.4 million dollar project is Knife River. This project will create a safer, longer lasting road surface. Visit the project website for more information.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.