Hwy 271 resurfacing project complete
WILLMAR, Minn. – The Highway 271 asphalt resurfacing project is complete, and all driving lanes are open. Drivers are asked to use caution along the route, however, as they may encounter crews completing minor punch list tasks.
Hwy 271 was resurfaced from Highway 19 to the Minnesota/South Dakota border, except for the town of Hendricks (Railroad Street/County Road 17 to Henderson Street). Benefits of the project include a smoother road surface and extended pavement life. The project cost $2.1 million, and Duininck, Inc., was the contractor.
- Visit the project website at mndot.gov/d8/projects/hwy271hendricks.
Work zone travel
MnDOT asks travelers to always slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution. Other reminders:
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times