Tree removal work planned for March 15 on Hwy 19 in Cannon Falls to prepare for construction
CANNON FALLS, Minn. – Approximately 18 trees are scheduled for removal as soon as March 15 along Hwy 19 in Cannon Falls as construction crews prepare for the upcoming repaving project, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The trees have been marked for removal. Most of the trees are along the boulevard on the left side of the road for eastbound travelers on Hwy 19 in Cannon Falls between Mill Street and Oak Street. This work is expected to take place between March 15 and the end of the month.
Motorists should be alert for work crews and slow down through the work zone.
Construction for the project is scheduled to begin in early April and be completed by July 30. Chippewa Concrete Services, Inc., of Chippewa Falls, Wis., is the prime contractor on the $2.2 million project. Work scheduled to be completed is:
- Repave Hwy 19 from 5th St. S to Almond St. in Cannon Falls
- Alter pedestrian bump outs at Hwy 19 and Hwy 20 intersection
- Improve truck turning at Hwy 19 and Hwy 20 intersection
- Replace traffic signal at Hwy 19 and Hwy 20 intersection
- Construct new sidewalks to meet Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards