I-90 eastbound construction begins April 4 west of Stewartville, ramp closure at High Forest
STEWARTVILLE, Minn. — Eastbound Interstate 90 motorists west of Stewartville will experience reduced traffic lanes, and an eastbound entrance ramp closure will take place at Olmsted County Road 6 when construction begins on April 4 for repaving and bridge pier work, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Traffic on eastbound I-90 will be reduced to a single lane west of Mower County Road 15 to east of Olmsted County Road 6. Additionally, the eastbound entrance ramp to I-90 at County Road 6 will be closed and detoured and the High Forest Rest Area for eastbound traffic will be closed beginning June 8 for paving work.
The signed detour for motorists on County Road 6 wanting to enter eastbound I-90 is to follow Country Road 6 eastbound into Stewartville, go north on Hwy 63 to the I-90 interchange.
Overall, the project includes:
- Resurfacing approximately 8.6 miles of I-90 eastbound from 2.5 miles east of Mower County Road 1 to .9 miles east of Hwy 63 in Olmsted County
- Resurfacing interchange ramps at County Road 6 and Hwy 63
- Improving and repairing guardrail and drainage throughout project
- Resurfacing the car parking lot of High Forest Rest Area and improving entrance/exit ramps and facility accessibility
- Improving four bridges:
- I-90 eastbound bridge over Root River
- I-90 westbound bridge over Root River
- County Hwy 6 bridge over I-90
- County Hwy 15 bridge over I-90