Construction on Highways 15/60 near Madelia begins April 18
MANKATO, Minn. – Construction on Hwy 15/60 near Madelia is expected to begin Monday, April 18, weather permitting, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
MnDOT will resurface seven miles of Hwy 15/60 from the Hwy 15/60 interchange south of Madelia to the Hwy 15/60 interchange north of Madelia. The two-year (2022-2023) project will include resurfacing the roadway, lighting, drainage repairs, updating guardrail and rehabbing several bridges.
The eastbound lanes of Hwy 15/60 will be under construction until November 2022, and the westbound lanes will be under construction in 2023. Traffic will be impacted with a combination of detours and head-to-head traffic configurations. Visit the project website for detour maps and more information.
Benefits of the projects include improved pavements and drainage, smoother road surfaces and increased safety along the corridor.
Hoffman Construction Company was awarded the project with a bid of $24,988,466.21.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times