Flooding update: Four highways remain closed in northwestern Minnesota
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (9:00 a.m.) Four highways in northwestern Minnesota remain closed due to flooding. They will remain closed until further notice and traffic should seek alternate routes.
- Highway 2B - Sorlie Bridge Grand Forks
- Highway 92 from Highway 59 in Brooks to Highway 32
- Highway 220 from Highway 1 to Marshall County Road 5
- Highway 317 from Highway 220 to North Dakota border
Open, but currently have water over the road
- Highway 59 south of Winger
Open and clear of water
- Highway 2 Crookston (east of Jackson Ave)
- Highway 92 north of Zerkel
- Highway 200 east of Mahnomen
- Highway 113- 4 miles east of Waubun
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.